F&P is dedicated to Continuous Improvement. Reinforcement of this objective occurs throughout the organization.
In 2003 F&P Mfg., Inc. began their journey down the road of Lean Manufacturing. We have embraced Lean Manufacturing at all levels of the organization with the focus of achieving World Class Levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Customer Satisfaction.
As part of the Lean Manufacturing Principles initiated by F&P Mfg. Inc., we have dedicated an engineering team to the co-ordination of continuous improvement.
This department focuses on:
- Process Improvements
- Eliminating Inefficiencies
- Implementation of Countermeasures
- Extra Processing
In 1999, F&P Mfg. Inc. became ISO14001 certified, and implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS), to reduce its adverse environmental impacts.
F&P Mfg. Inc. -
F&P Mfg., Inc., located in Tottenham Ontario, a tier one supplier of automotive parts, is committed to:
- Continual Improvement
- Pollution Prevention
- Meeting and Exceeding Government Regulation
In order to achieve Environmental excellence and to reduce its adverse environmental impacts, F&P has established an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO14001:2004 standards.
Objectives and targets are set and reviewed by the Steering Committee through a process of continual improvements and environmental initiatives. F&P Mfg., Inc. is committed to the protection of the environment; pollution prevention; compliance with all applicable legislation, laws and other requirements.
F&P will strive to achieve the following Environmental goals:
- Adhere to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA)
- Achieve business plan targets in the reduction of CO2 emissions
- Achieve business plan targets in the reduction of waste sent to landfill
The Environmental Policy is available to the public upon request.
In addition, F&P is a member of The New Tecumseth Streams Committee, actively involved in the restoration of local stream sites and conducts an annual reforestation program on our property.
F&P Mfg. Inc., has an associate suggestion and quality circle program called "J.U.M.P." (Just Us Making Progress). This program includes:
- GF Circles - a group of 5-10 associates identify an improvement initiative, and utilizing problem solving tools, work together to identify the root cause. These circles address everything from safety, quality and environmental issues to production related improvements.
- Tips (Total Improvement Proposal System) – associates are responsible for the submission, implementation and completion of improvement suggestions within the corporation.